Monday, September 10, 2007

Something More Traditional



So here we are, Monday all over again. I found this shirt and realized I had never thought much of it and was about to get rid of it, but then changed my mind. So, I played with it for a while and found several ways to use it as inspiration. Each night this week, I will reveal the results.

Also, I realized I have collected a lot of red recipes. So, I think today I will share a marinara sauce.

Rosso Marinara
2 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 dry white wine
Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté garlic until golden but not browned, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, pepper, oregano, salt, sugar and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.





Numbers 2-10 are still available for this print. Each print is currently $50 each (add $6.65 for shipping and handling, and 9.25% for sales tax if you are in Tennessee).


Edition Number:












No comments: